So, let’s take a moment to be honest and serious. There are a few things that are true about this film.
1. Our donors are amazing, and without the support from the community that we received we never could have made this film.
2. Our cast and crew pulled out all the stops, and the footage sitting on those 3,400 feet of film is really amazing.
3. We came in under budget in a few key areas thanks to the support of the Pulaski community, including in food and lodging, our two biggest concerns.
4. This is going to be one of the best films I have ever worked on, let alone directed.
But let’s get to the honest part:
5. Those budget lines where saved money were pretty much wiped out by other budget lines where we ran over projected costs.
6. While we raised an astonishing amount of money through our last fundraising effort, the fact is I still had to put several thousand dollars of my own money into the production process. We went into filming over $3,000 shy of the projected budget, and that’s about where we landed.
7. I’m not going to lie, I’m a grad student with no steady job because I’m trying to finish school. I have been putting my heart and soul into the making of this movie. The money I put into the production was the money I was saving for post production.
8. We need at least $2,000 to develop and transfer the film. And I’ve got a maxed out credit card and an empty savings account.
I don’t just want your help to make this movie, I need it. I need the help of other people more than I ever have before. I don’t know what I can say, what I can promise, but if you tell me what it is then I will do my best to provide it.
I believe in this project. I believe in my cast, in my crew, in the talent of the people who showed up on that set. I believe we had a first class set of people working on this film and I think it is going to be one of the best movies I’ve ever seen.
This isn’t just a movie I wanted to make either, it’s a movie that I felt needed to be made. It’s a movie with a point, with a message that I feel strongly about. I think that the message at the heart of this film could actually change our society for the better.
But I can’t do it by myself. I can only do it with the help of others. We have had an amazing list of donors, who have offered more support than I could have ever dreamed of. I’m loathe to pass the hat around again to try to take care of this, but I find myself a bit out of options. This movie must be finished, and I have to develop the film in order to do that. There’s no other way to go about this process.
Please, if you want to see an amazing project come to fruition, help out on IndieGoGo or contact me at email@example.com for other ways to donate.